Todo Turismo bus experience in Bolivia



To visit Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat in Bolivia, I took the overnight bus from La Paz to Uyuni.

One way ticket is $38. Left La Paz at 9:00pm and arrived Uyuni at a little past 7am. It was very comfortable. Just after a few minutes after we left the terminal, we were given water and was served with a chicken and rice meal (it was good). After the meal, we were offered coffee or tea for drink. There was also chocolate for dessert. Sweet! They also handed us pillows and blankets which were great. The heater/heating system is also present on the bus. There’s Wi-Fi available on-board but it only worked for me on the first hour of the trip. Well, after the first hour, I just started to snooze and slept, haha. The bus staff were nice and approachable. Very good customer service.

Just a few minutes before we arrived the Bus terminal in Uyuni, they handed over a to-go pack Snack, which consists of yogurt (strawberry for me), a chocolate vanilla bread, and a small Oreo biscuit.

Other details: The toilet was clean, there was entertainment on board, and seats reclined well.

Overall it was good experience. The roads were in good condition and wasn’t bumpy. I recommend to have this trip instead of taking the train (which I would share my experience on a separate post). It’s pricey but would definitely take this again should I go to Uyuni.

Comments